England is a fascinating and exciting country, where there are a plethora of options available for any budding traveler. Here, we list 27 of the best things to do when visiting England.
1. Read a book at the Bodleian library – Indulge in some great literature at the famous Oxford library.
2. Live a day in London luxury – splurge out on an exclusive night in London and feel like royalty as you attend high-end bars and restaurants and spend the night in a choice of London Apartments.
3. Watch Shakespeare at the Globe – revel in Bard’s plays at his playhouse.
4. Take a barge on a canal – Explore nature in the most quintessentially English way possible.
5. Surf at Newquay – England has some great waves that make up for the cold seas.
6. Swim in Brockwell Lido – This gorgeous lido in London has Grade 2 listed architecture.
7. Stimulate your mind at the Tate Modern – The art gallery made famous for its provocative and inspiring installations.
8. Sail around Lake Windermere – Take in the gorgeous scenery of the Lake district first-hand.
9. Play the arcades on Brighton Pier – A great example of the English seaside with numerous attractions for a beach-goer.
10. Bathe in Bath’s thermal spas – Bath’s natural thermal waters have been utilized since Roman times and offer bliss in a historical setting.
11. Play knights at Bamburgh Castle – An iconic castle set in the breathtaking scenery.
12. Watch a West End play – The West End is home to some of the best theatres in the world.
13. Gaze at the glamour of Tresco Abbey Gardens – This sub-tropical paradise offers wondrous insight into exotic environments and plants life.
14. Visit Stonehenge – Put on your druids’ outfit and experience the magic of these ancient stones.
15. Thrill seek at Thorpe Park – Scream as you ride some of the best rollercoasters in England.
16. Forage for mushrooms in the New Forest – Watch for wild boars as you trek through this beautiful forest.
17. Cross the Bristol Suspension Bridge – Walk across one of England’s greatest engineering works set across the Avon Gorge.
18. Seek solace in York Minster – One of the largest churches of its kind in northern Europe, and definitely one of the most beautiful.
19. Wander the halls of Blenheim Palace – a Unesco World Heritage Site and one of the best English stately manors.
20. Stroll through the exhibits of the Natural History Museum – Free admission just adds to the bonus of this world-renowned museum.
21. Feast on a Cornish Pasty at Land’s End – Taste an English delicacy whilst taking in England’s oceanic border.
22. Learn at Ashmolean Museum – England’s oldest public museum.
23. Ride the London Eye – London’s classic landmark is well worth a go.
24. Watch a game at Anfield – Experience the roars of an English football match at one of the country’s most supported clubs.
25. Eat in an English pub – try the Pipe and Glass Inn for a Michelin star experience.
26. Shop at Chester rows – picturesque shopping in the heart of England.
27. See experts at work at Morgan Motor Company – England’s old car company gives tours where real mechanics are at work.
These activities represent some of the best things to do in England. Make sure these are on your England bucket list.